Tuesday, May 31, 2011

How I became a Northwest Gardener

When I was a small child growing up in the country my parents showed us the gift of nature. The love of the outdoors was taught to us everyday. We had the most beautiful garden and fenced yard, carefully tended by my mother. She had so many wonderful varieties of flowers, shrubs and trees. Every color of the rainbow, in every season also. In the middle of this garden, my brothers and myself had a swing set and sandbox. Every child's dream! We would be outside from right after breakfast till almost dark. It was our " Garden Wonderful" I can remember picking blooms from this garden and replanting them in our sandbox. Oh, we liked that... we thought we were growing those pretty flowers! The days of summer were always a delight in that lovely garden. We were so fortunate to spend our time there learning of nature. Every spring day, I can hardly wait to pull a weed, trim a tree or plant a flower in my "Garden Wonderful" Nature is truly a blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment